Thank you for visiting this special fundraising event to raise money for Alzheimer’s!
In honour of my mother Marietta (Maria) Gentile's passing I'm hoping to raise more funds for this horrible disease. Let's see if we can raise $15,000 for this great cause!
Alzheimer’s and dementia has touched my family in many ways and this fundraising opportunity allows me to reflect on the challenges but mostly embrace on giving back by supporting this amazing organization.
For those that know me, know I absolutely love to create magic in the kitchen. My love of food started with my mom teaching me how to cook at just seven years old and watching my dad grow vegetables in the garden that became the basics of the amazing meals we shared.
Having had my dad pass away from Alzheimer's and mom pass on August 31st of dementia, there is no better way to honour them, then creating a cookbook. This book is also a legacy for my children, grandchildren, nephews and extended family where they can read the stories behind the recipes. Today I’m sharing this legacy with anyone that wants to come on this fundraising adventure with me.
The cookbook has 36 recipes in three categories:
- Baby Nonna's Recipes - my mom's family recipes that I recreated such as Meatballs, Chicken Cacciatore and more
- Maria’s Favourite Recipes - favourite personal creations, including five types of biscotti that are absolutely delicious such as Crunchy Peanut Butter Biscotti, Rum Butter Scallopini and more
- Maria's Mind Smart Recipes - recipes that positively impact the brain and help reduce Alzheimer's such as Lemon Veggie Infused Rice, Tilapia Bunwich and more.
This cookbook not only has ingredients and directions for each step but there are beautiful photos of selected steps and end results.
There are two options available to you:
- Donate a minimum of $25 and you will receive a digital PDF copy you can print out in 8.5 x 11 inches. Once you donate, email me your receipt at email@example.com to get your copy. For those outside of Canada this would be your best option as you can easily have it printed at a print shop or at home. Shipping charges may be very high.
- Limited amount - Donate a minimum of $100 and receive a signed hard copy of the book. *Note: Special for the first 90 donors, I am covering the costs of printing the books. $20 shipping via ExpressPost will required after purchase. Once you donate, please email me your receipt at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your copy and instructions for shipping. Those in Vancouver lower mainland can connect for a safe and distanced pick up.
Want to be part of the wellness conversation where we can discuss Alzheimer's, mental health, and anything else wellbeing? Then follow me at www.mariaswellnessjourney.com.
Thank you for your heartwarming donation, you have made a difference.
Big virtual hug