Please enjoy this video from this years' run: Please enjoy the video from this years' run: youtube.com/watch?v=h-o-M8Mp0WE
Our team is raising money with our team captain Malcolm Cameron in support of the Alzheimer Society of B.C.
Malcolm is living with Young Onset Alzheimer's.
And he is full of hope, perserverance, and compassion. He's always reaching out to and for others with kindness, often saying: "Just be you, because you're a good you."
That's why, on September 25th, starting at 9:30 am, he will be running to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s support. The route is 10 kms. on the Delta Dyke from Beach Grove Elementary School to 72nd Street and then back to the school.
There are three ways you can support Malcolm in this run.
1. Sign up to run or bike with Malcolm by hitting the "join team" button. Follow the instructions to set up your personal page as a participant with a personal fund raising goal. Copy and share your link with potential sponsors. A family friend and artist has designed a terrific T Shirt featuring Malcolm's motto, "Just Be You". If you were successful in ordering the "Just be You" T. Shirt please wear it on the day of the run. If you were not successful in purchasing the "Just be You" T. Shirt you are still eligible to participate in the run. As the "Just be You" T. Shirt is a dark blue/grey you may want to consider wearing a dark blue/grey T. Shirt on the run, but most importantly we want you to come out and join us in the run. **
2. Make a donation. If you want to specifically sponsor Malcolm, select his name in the roster as team captain and hit the "donate now" button. To sponsor a specific other person, find their name in the roster and click on it, then hit the "donate now" button. Otherwise, just click on "donate now" and you help the team meet its shared goal. Your gift is helping to transform the lives of individuals and families living with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias.
3. Volunteer and/or come out to the event on Saturday, September 25th. There are a few specific jobs we need help with and some locations on the run where you could cheer for Malcolm and his team. If you would like to help in this way please contact Jodi Reek at firstname.lastname@example.org
The event will be from 9:30AM to ~noon, September 25th at Beach Grove Elementary School (5955 17A Ave, Delta, B.C.)
It will feature a fun, high energy start with music, aerobics and stretching. The run ends at the school with a short program including a brief tribute to Malcolm and some words from the family.
** T. Shirts can once again be ordered on line or at the Saturday event. In addition, there will be a small supply of shirts available at the run that you can purchase. To order the T. Shirt on line copy the attached and place in URL: https://peter-reek-ventures-inc.myshopify.com/products/just-be-you-malcolm-runs-for-alzheimers-t-shirt
4. Malcolm’s Run for Alzheimer’s Route (10 kms)
1. Start at Beach Grove Elementary School
5955 17A Ave, Delta
2. Go Directly to Boundary Bay Dyke Trail and follow 1.8 kms to 64th Street cheering and information station.
3. Continue on Boundary Bay Dyke Trail 2.3 kms to 72nd Street cheering station. (Water and Porta Potty Available)
4. At 72nd Street turn reverse route on Boundary Bay Dyke Trail to Beach Grove Road 4.2 kms.
5. Turn Left on Beach Grove Road to Grove Crescent
6. Turn Right on Grove Crescent to Duncan Drive
7. Turn Right on Duncan Drive to 17A Avenue
8. Turn Left on 17A Ave to Finish Line
With only 5 days to go until the run we are excited by the interest and support and are looking forward to an exciting day.
Thanks from Team Malcolm!